— LockTrip is proud to report record numbers across all metrics! —
In the second quarter of 2021, a record 753 room nights were booked through the LockTrip.com marketplace. This represents a 259% increase compared to the previous quarter and 1,076% year over year.
The total volume of bookings was $137,000 — up 415% compared to the previous quarter.
The map above shows the geographical distribution of the destinations booked. Popular countries for Summer vacations, such as Spain, Italy, and Greece, have clearly come out of their Corona-ashes and are now leading the rankings.
For the first time in a quarterly report, we are seeing almost the entire European map colored. A special mention of the UAE, which continues to perform exceptionally well — making up more than 10% of all bookings.
Looking at the continental distribution, we can see that Europe has recovered a lot of its losses and is now back to its usual strength (57.1% of total bookings).
Crypto payments accounted for 7.5% of all bookings (despite LOC payments being temporarily disabled due to the marketplace migration from Ethereum to Hydra chain). They contributed 17.1% in terms of booking volumes, thanks to a higher average booking value.
In the graphic below, each booking is represented by a small circle.
The average booking value was $513 for the period of Q2, significantly higher than the $277 from last quarter — due to Europe gaining back share with its higher-value bookings. The deviation around this average is large, with the lowest and highest value bookings ranging from $11 on the low end up to $13,000 for the booking with the highest value.
Discounts & Pricing
For the past quarter, 75% of bookings offered savings compared to traditional booking sites. The remaining 25% matched publicly available pricing.
On average, users realized 18% in savings when taking into account bookings with no discount — and 23% when considering bookings with discount.
We are looking forward to the third quarter, with new improvements and features coming to the marketplace — which will further improve your booking experience!
LockTrip is a blockchain-based travel marketplace that allows users to save up to 60% on their bookings by cutting out middlemen. Every booking burns LOC proportionally to its booking value, continuously reducing its total supply.